Philly has been great. I don't know if it's just the change in scenery that has been refreshing, but I've really enjoyed my life here. There isn't much in terms of my daily doings, mostly I'm at the restaurant or with my boss' family...but for some reason I feel ok everyday.
In some ways, it just feels like life is progressing.
Lately, I have been thinking about life and the path I am taking in a much different way. More than not I didn't want to take responsibility for my life, and I almost expected for everything to 'fall into place' as long as I just waited for enough time to pass...
These days, I'm all about making decisions and trying to just move ahead in some way. I've realized that I'll never know enough and I'll never have 100% confidence in anything (teaching, moving back to MD...) but there is no "right" or "wrong" answer. there are just different options that you have to choose between and deal with the consequences of. No choice is "perfect".
Does this sound Morbid?
I guess it could, but I see it as hopeful and kinda exciting. Each door holds something different that can completely change the path of your life...and you have the choice...hmmm....I suppose it's kind of a scary thought too.
I'm not big on decision making, i have never been a decisive person, so still, though it can seem exciting, it simultaneously scares the crap out of me. I don't want options at the same time that I want all of them.
....I'm thinking out loud.
This weekend was really great:
Meredith came home and I got to see her a lot and we got some quality time together. She's awesome. Soon it will be her Birthday and so we celebrated with a get-together, with amazing food and people.
You know what was also amazing? breaking out into song as Daniel played dashboard on the guitar....you know the words, don't pretend you don't. :)
I'm so thankful for quality people.
Sunday, October 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
wierd stuff happens at the kitchens house...stuff like spontaneous dashboard sing alongs.
maybe we should do that again for the wedding.
it would be so incredibly dorky.
love.
People talk about what's God's will for our lives, but I think that He'll work wherever we are. I find it encouraging and makes decisions a little less scary.
Post a Comment