Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Baby, it's COLD outside.

It sure is.

Everything was so icy last night. I laughed so hard walking home from Heather's house with Monica because we were sliding down the slope of the side walk. It doesn't sound funny, but for some reason I was crying by the time I got home.

Yesterday I found out that I didn't get a job that I was hoping to get.

It was frustrating when I first found out and I was glad that Monica was home to talk to about it. After talking to her I was actually believing that it was a good thing that I didn't get the job. Leading up to that e-mail I was nervous to find the outcome because I knew that there was a chance that this was not really the ideal job for me right now, but I also knew that if I didn't get the offer then I'd feel badly. (If I got the offer there's no way I would have turned it down)I'm telling myself that I needed to be humbled.

Fortunately I had an interview Monday and it seems that I will be once again working in the food service industry...more specifically pf the Japanese Persuasion, AGAIN.

WHY?

I dread the thought of having a normal 9-5 job sitting in an office, but at the same time part of me wants to know I COULD have one, or just wants the experience. (Also I know it would put my parents at ease.) But who wants EASE??

I'm dreaming a lot these days...Hopefully not in vain.

2 comments:

Elli said...

slipping on the ice IS funny. I was doing a lot of it last night too.

Feist is going to be in Philly April 27 and Kelly, Becky Byrd, and I are planning on going. And we would LOVE to see YOU then too!!

I'd also like to see you before then!

Finding the right job is sooo difficult! But I'm sure you'll find a good one, it just may take time.

Anonymous said...

you sound like me my senior year when i applied to teach for america for miami.... i REALLY wanted to go. i heart miami. but was unsure it was the right place. so when they turned me down, i was so disapointed, but realized, it wasn't where i was supposed to be (yet), and it would've been IMPOSSIBLE to turn down had i been accepted. and now i boast working as a teacher in DC and i loved it and now i hate it and am ready to move on to bigger and better things! see? things turn out for the best... haha!