Do not be offended.
Pansies are strong.
They look delicate; they're pretty and bright, but I've learned that they are quite resilient. I'm a pansy for sure. :) haha
One thing you have to do to care for pansies, is "dead-heading".
This helps the Pansy to use it's energy to create and push forth new lively and beautiful flowers, instead of wasting energy on flowers that are on their way out or on stems that are making seeds.
I really like "dead-heading." I think it's one of my favorite things, along with pruning. They are often times tedious and slower paced tasks, but I enjoy the creative control and the steady pace at which you can work to see a bush or a flower become a more neat and prepared place for new growth.
The trees are leafing and buds are blooming...
If all goes well, there will be one more girl on our crew! YAY!
Saturday, April 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
that sounds really intriguing and fun.
I went to a flower festival in Mt Vernon yesterday. I was picturing you at one of the stands with a crazy hat covered in fake flowers.
Post a Comment