Sunday, July 15, 2007

Google: probably gonna take over the world.

Well, i didn't understand how the whole blogger thing worked. I had NO idea that it was connected to google. Now I know.

I'm starting over. for the second time.

This was my LAST post from my last blog account (which no longer exists):

I left it up to the audience…

We started a tradition this summer:
it started with Anna and I. we'd meet on her bed, with freezer-pops or maybe some sweet tea, and we read "the Giver" by lois lowry. Soon Jayme joined.

It was a great event on the nights that we could do it. we looked forward to it so much.

Tonight we finished the book...

We were pretty frustrated with how it ended. It felt so unresolved. There was so much anticipation for an amazing ending, because everything till that point had been so attention-grabbing and exciting, yet the end fizzled out like a bad firework and I'm still feeling the effects of the dissapointment I felt.

...Yet parts of the Book WERE really great. I think I may just try to block out the ending, make one of my own up. There have to be other books from elementary/ middle school that, read now, would mean much more to me than they would have back then.....any suggestions?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I cant really say what possessed me to go to your first post, but I did. I suggest The Stranger or The Great Gatsby. I am also somewhat intrigued by the idea of reading Brave New World again.

Those are my suggestions, many months later...
i miss living with u.