Sunday, September 23, 2007

like a natural disaster.

"How's Philly?"

I feel like I'm in a tornado. This sounds silly because I keep using this comparison, but things really feel like a whirlwind that I have little to no control over.

All of the sudden, I am in a Japanese Restaurant waitressing till the wee hours of the morning, sitting around with people who only speak chinese suggesting sushi dishes I've never even tried myself...not to mention, sleeping over at my boss' house so I can tutor their daughter in the mornings...

who the hell AM I?? ha

what am I doing and WHERE am I?

I've been 'living' with my two dear friends and I never even see them. This past week I saw them maybe for like an hour for 2 nights and then one night they were already in bed when I got home.

Yet, I'm strangely ok. I have a peace about life, although there are decisions awaiting an answer. It's odd. I have no idea what life will be like, and I have no idea if it's what I want....but who really knows what they want? I'm just gonna keep moving forward and keep making decisions. I figure God will lead me through them. :)

Today the pastor at church talked about rest/ the sabbath. I need to rest more.

we should ALL REST.

....until next time (I'm being picked up by my boss and her husband later to stay at their house...WEIRD.haah)

6 comments:

Gordon said...

"I have a peace about life, although there are decisions awaiting an answer. I'm just gonna keep moving forward and keep making decisions. I figure God will lead me through them."

that's amazing. i hope it doesn't stop.

what do you tutor their daughter in?

Gordon said...

and if i may quote the fab four:
"there's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be"

-all you need is love

j dede said...

Esther,

God will NOT bless our lives if we do not sabbath/rest. It's one of His best commands - to rest. Make steps in faith! and sacrifice to God (praise or your life) as a thank offering whilst you seek direction.

ELM.K. said...

i am in great need of sabbath.

honeymoon here i come.

Andy said...

hey Esther.

Seye said...

hey Andy