"What is west of Belaruse and and South of Latvia?"
Today I went to the home school class my boss' daughter goes to once a week. I went to watch and take notes so that I could plan out her week, in terms of what she needs to do. The first subject they studied was geography:
There was a map quiz, right at the beginning. Everyone stood up on the sides of the class, to answer the questions that the teacher was going to ask.
" what country is south-west of _____ and North of ______?"
One by one they went down the line.
All but one girl got out the first round, as the questions moved over to the boys, only one boy missed his question. Eventually there were two left. a boy and that one girl.
The two of them answered each question without any hesitation.
It was pretty amazing....I guess Home schooling produces smart kids!! :)
Mainly though, the little boy who knew Europe like the back of his hand, reminded me of Beau (I try not to use names, but right now I don't care.) I thought about how he may have been 'that kid' when he was younger....
It made me miss him more...
...and now I want to go study maps.
Tuesday, September 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
how old were these kids?
ha like 15.
Post a Comment