Soo... My purse got stolen yesterday. I think that it was not too bad when my whole purse was just gone, it didn't feel too bad, but later I got a call that they found my purse in a dumpster. So I was driven to go get it and I got the important stuff back (driver's Liscence, social security card) but they took my check card, checkbook, pay check, cash and $400 in gift cards. It turns out that I was saving up my cards to help someone in need :) haha.
Like I said, I was surprisingly ok at first, but I think when I got my purse and was able to see the stuff missing and all in dissarray, It felt more real and felt more like I was violated, so today I had to keep reminding myself that, "It is just stuff" and that I DID get the important things back. They also took my old navy shirt... :( I liked it very much. BUT haha, it's OK.
ANYWAYS, my mom was sure to tell me to pray for the souls of the people that did the deed, saying that we should pray that their hearts could be changed....She makes me smile. But it's good. I don't want to be upset about the stuff. WIth or without it life is still GOOD.
The friend I was with got his iPOD stolen....the 2nd one in one month to get stolen from his car...I felt really bad. That must feel SOO terrible.
On another note:
I love the song "Hey Jude" by the Beatles. This morning I woke up to my friend who I guess had it stuck in his head as soon as he woke up...
It's a "goodie."
<3
Wednesday, August 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
oh that's terrible! i'm so sorry
i think i felt the same way with my car... it was easier to accept the fact that it was just gone rather than to sort through the damages. and the missing shirt deal- i can totally relate to that.
no, i haven't started... this monday i'll be going in. i'm trying to cram some fun stuff in between now and then so hit me up.
oh no! stolen from your car? at least they did not steal you, right?
wow- were any of your gift cards registered? ya know- you can do that with a lot of GC's now a days and it protects the amount in the case of theft. It is lucky they found your purse, even if it was in a dumpster.
That's lame. You should pray for them. I bet they have a sad life.
I heart your Mom.
Post a Comment